1. Cinema of all genres allowed.
2. No restrictions in length
3. Films produced/released on or after 1st of January 2017 can participate. However, exceptions can be granted at the sole discretion of the management of the festival.
4. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
5. English films with English subtitles are encouraged.
6. We also accept submissions that have premiered elsewhere.
7. Films available for viewing on free platforms (like YouTube) can participate but the films will not be considered for screening.
8. Multiple entries are allowed, however a separate entry must be submitted for each.
9. Entry fees are non-refundable.
10. We will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling and/or venue.
11. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
12. If chosen as an official selection, The Hague Global Cinema Festival is granted the permission to exhibit the film at The Hague Global Cinema Festival and all associated screenings and their all media publicity material.
13. Location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of The Hague Global Cinema Festival.
14. Filmmakers/submitters will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival.
15. Films selected for screening will be required in the DCP format. Filmmakers/submitters will send us the DCP format at their own cost and risk.
16. Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, The Hague Global Cinema Festival is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
17. The filmmaker holds The Hague Global Cinema Festival, its management, juries, subsidiaries, partners, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and volunteers etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry.
18. The filmmaker/submitters certifies to have full rights on the film/material submitted to the festival. The filmmaker/submitter will indemnify the organizers of The Hague Global Cinema Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
19. The filmmaker/submitter certifies that the music used especially in the music videos is an original score. If any copyright claim arises especially for the music videos then the filmmaker/submitter will be fully responsible for it.
20. Decisions of the management of the festival will be final and binding to the submitters regarding judgment, selection, screenings, awards, prizes, certificates, laurels, venue, dates, schedule or any other activity related to the event. Filmmakers/submitters certify and undertake to abide by the decision of the festival management.
21. In case of some unforeseen situation or force majeure, like the one happened in 2020 due to COIVD19 pandemic or some other cause beyond the control of the festival management, the event may be held online. The filmmakers/submitters grant explicit permission to use their submission in the online event, if required.
1. Cinema of all genres allowed.